Where and When
11th – 14th April 1973 @ The Church House, Wimborne
An unhappy game of romantic follow-the-leader explodes into murder one weekend at The Hollow, home of Sir Henry and Lucy Angkatell, arguably Christie’s finest comic grande dame. Dr. Cristow, the Harley Street lothario, is at the center of the trouble when, assembled in one place, we find his dull but devoted wife Gerda, his mistress and prominent sculptor Henrietta and his former lover and Hollywood film star Veronica. Also visiting are Edward and Midge whose romantic assertions are likewise thrown into the mix. As the list of romantic associations grow so does the list of potential suspects when Cristow is shot dead. Nearly everyone has a motive but only one of them did the deed.
- Sir Henry Angkatell – Tim Eling
- Lady Lucy Angkatell – Elizabeth Anthony
- Henrietta Angkatell – Linda Pawley
- Midge Harvey – Patricia Colley
- Edward Angkatell – Andy Drummond
- Dr John Cristow – Mike Waring
- Gerda Cristow – Iris Platt
- Veronica Craye – Liz Knight
- Gudgeon – Edward Henbest
- Doris – Manina Stuart
- Inspector Colquhoun – Arthur Brooks
- Sergeant Penny – Peter Lupton Cowling
- Producer – Thelma Dryden
- Stage Manager – Peter Lupton Cowling
- Properties – Jacqueline Anthony
- Prompt – Jean Lewis
- ASM – John Anthony and Iam Raeburn
- Business and Publicity – Tony Pawley
- Front of House – Janine Brockes and Arthur Brooks
Then they recovered
THE Hollow, Agatha Christie’s well-aired mystery play, by Wimborne Drama Club in Church House had a bad start. A scene between the film star (Liz Knight) and the murdered Cristow (Mike Waring) improved things and recovery was aided by the conflidently competent Elizabeth Anthony.
Club chairman Ted Henbest as the butler Gudgeon personified smart efficiency. New comer Manian Stuart collected laughs as the maid, Linda Pawley and Patricia Colley worked hard and senior men Tim Eling and Arthur Brooks added their experience. Andy Drummond and Iris Platt made up the case.
Producer was Thelma Dryden and stage manager Peter Cowling.